Archive for the ‘Possible other threats’ Category
Several Norwegian newspapers, as well as many parliamentary members, received a letter via email on August 13, 2012, addressed from someone claiming to represent the Knights Templar Norway, the resistance organization of which Anders Behring Breivik says he is a part.
Newspapers and politicians received the letter on the same day as the government-appointed 7/22 commmission published its findings regarding how the 7/22 attacks were handled by the police and emergency services.
According to TV2, the letter is more than two pages long and opens with the following statement: “I hereby present myself as cell two and second-in-command of the Norwegian resistance movement. I, with my soldiers, will, with all respect for our people, our culture, and our ethnicity, warn all proponents of multiculturalism of this war we now so sincerely find ourselves in.”
According to TV2, the letter further states: “The organization will continue its gruesome actions until all the Norwegian and Europoean peoples are awakened from the psychosis and the brainwashing they have afflicted on our brothers and sisters. Now it is time that we, and our commander Breivik, receive recognition in the political arena in Norway and Europe.”
NRK has published a photo of the letter head that reads “Knights Templar Norway, Second-in-Command, Cell Two.”
NRK has also published an excerpt from the letter: “That he now possibly will be ignored again and be declared unaccountable by the false and corrupt power apparatus is for us unbearable and unjust. In that case, all those who died by his sword have died in vain. We, therefore, demand our commander’s aquittal and a recognition of his claim of emergency self defence in this war.”
In an interview with NRK, Breivik’s lawyer, Geir Lippestad, says: “Breivik has, from day one, claimed that there are several cells in Norway and this was also an important part of the discussion in the trial against him. If it now turns out that there are several [cells], then that is interesting.”
Police Security Service has launched an investigation after several people received a highly suspicious e-mail Monday morning.
“I can confirm that we have initiated an investigation after we learned that a person claims to be second in command of the organization Knights Templar Norway,” says Head of PST Martin Berntsen to the website of TV2.
After that TV 2 understand the security have recently been informed of an email sent to several people – including several prominent politicians – in which the sender claims he is the cell number two in Anders Behring Breivik’s alleged terrorist network….
Original article: Hevder å være Breiviks nestkommanderende
PST investigator incitement to terror after several politicians today received a letter from someone claiming to be a part of Breivik’s Knights Templar network.
Same day as the July 22 Commission submitted its report on the biggest terrorist attack on Norwegian soil, several Norwegian politicians received new threats….
The letter is partly sent to more liberal-conservative politicians, including Christian Tybring-Gjedde, Peter N Myhre and Per-Willy Amundsen….
Original article: Stortingsrepresentanter mottok påstått Knights Templar-brev
NRK reports that the police have decided that they will go through all the recorded conversations to the governmental offices around March 2011, the time that one of the receptionists says that a threatening phone call was received. Police lawyer, Pål-Fredrik Hjort Kraby, said to NRK that governmental workers have searched through about half a year of material and that the police will now gain acess to a hard-drive that contains one full year of recordings.
Hjort Kraby told Verdens Gang (VG) that the amount of material is enormous, and that the reported conversation has not been found so far, and that may mean either that the call did not took place or that it simply hasn’t been found yet. According to Hjort Kraby, it is important to establish whether it was the accused (Behring Breivik) that called, or if someone else knew about the plans.
Police will go through audio logs
“We are pleased that the police should review the log,” says Breivik defender Geir Lippestad to NRK.
Lippestad has previously complained about the police investigation of the telephone call to the ministries, where a man threatened both the prime minister, Gro Harlem Brundtland and the AUF.
“I do not understand why they have not prioritized this,” said Lippestad to NRK Friday….
Original article: Politiet vil gjennomgå lydloggen
Related post: March phone threats were made to the Justice Department
A 42-year-old Norwegian resident of Denmark is being investigated by the Norwegian Police Security Service (PST) and the Danish equivalent in relation to a YouTube video in which someone waves a knife in front of footage of the 7/22 prosecutors, State’s Attorneys Inga Bejer-Engh and Svein Holden. According to Verdens Gang (VG), the man praises Anders Behring Breivik in the video, saying that they will meet in summer on Utøya for shooting practice.
The Norwegian man was called in for questioning by Danish authorities on July 25th after making positive comments about Breivik on Facebook the night after the 7/22 attacks. VG says he also sent an SMS message from his computer to Breivik’s mobile phone, allegedly back-dating the time of the message so that it would apear as if it was sent before the bomb went off. According to VG, the message read “Keep on Anders, friendly greetings your friend,” followed by his name.
The man denies to VG having threatened anyone, and says he was just having fun.
The former custodial sentenced 42-year-old shelves Anders Behring Breivik and threatens shooting at Utøya the summer of your videos.
In a video he posted on YouTube waving 42-year-old with a knife in front of the TV images of prosecutors Inga Bejer-Engh and Svein Holden, as he threatens to kill them.
In other videos shelves Anders Behring Breivik and says they should meet at Utøya the summer to conduct fire training. Now he was being investigated by both Norwegian PST and their Danish counterpart, in addition to the Danish police have charged him with threats….
Original article: Siktet for knivtrusler mot Breivik-statsadvokatene
The Norwegian Police Security Service (PST) held its annual press briefing yesterday. In their accompanying report, “Åpen trusselvurdering 2012″ (“Open Threat Evaluation 2012″), the PST says that their main concern, as in previous years, is extreme Islamist environments. In addition, the PST is concerned about violence from right-wing and anti-Islamic environments.
The head of the PST, Janne Kristiansen, said to Dagbladet that there has been a substantial increase in the number of threats towards officials following the 7/22 attacks, and that the PST is particularly concerned about threats surrounding the upcoming court case against Anders Behring Breivik.
PST presented today from its threat assessment for 2012.
According to PST is main concern, as in previous years, from extreme Islamist groups.
Meanwhile PST worried about violence and terrorism from the extreme right and anti-Islamic environments. They are particularly concerned about the threats people from such groups in connection with the upcoming trial of accused terrorist Anders Behring Breivik….
Original article: PST frykter trusler og vold rundt rettssaken mot Breivik
PST report: Åpen trusselvurdering 2012 (in Norwegian)
The Norwegian Police Security Service (PST) is investigating a four-minute YouTube video depicting the Crown Prince of Norway, Prime Minster Jens Stoltenberg, and Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Støre visting Norwegian soldiers in Afhanistan. A scrolling text on the video reads:
“Oh, Allah destroy them. Oh, Allah destroy them and let it be painful and leave their uprisers turn into ashes, to the Mighty. Oh, Allah avenge those who are transgressors, they ignored and could not appreciate your rank, to the highest.” [Google translation.]
In 2008, Gahr Støre survived a Taliban attack on the hotel in which he was staying in Afghanistan.
PST start investigating threat video
Police Security Service open terrorist investigations since the publication of the video with threats against the Royal Family and government members.
“It’s just decided to start an investigation. We can not exclude that we will go to the arrests, said communications manager Martin Bernsen of the Norwegian Police Security Service (PST)….”
Original article: PST starter etterforskning av trusselvideo