Police will investigate phone recordings
NRK reports that the police have decided that they will go through all the recorded conversations to the governmental offices around March 2011, the time that one of the receptionists says that a threatening phone call was received. Police lawyer, Pål-Fredrik Hjort Kraby, said to NRK that governmental workers have searched through about half a year of material and that the police will now gain acess to a hard-drive that contains one full year of recordings.
Hjort Kraby told Verdens Gang (VG) that the amount of material is enormous, and that the reported conversation has not been found so far, and that may mean either that the call did not took place or that it simply hasn’t been found yet. According to Hjort Kraby, it is important to establish whether it was the accused (Behring Breivik) that called, or if someone else knew about the plans.
Police will go through audio logs
“We are pleased that the police should review the log,” says Breivik defender Geir Lippestad to NRK.
Lippestad has previously complained about the police investigation of the telephone call to the ministries, where a man threatened both the prime minister, Gro Harlem Brundtland and the AUF.
“I do not understand why they have not prioritized this,” said Lippestad to NRK Friday….
Original article: Politiet vil gjennomgå lydloggen
Related post: March phone threats were made to the Justice Department